Blogger Bragger Summer Nail Challenge - Skittles

Sunday, September 28, 2014

purchased by me This is the last week of the "Blogger Bragger Summer Nail Challenge" and I have loved every minute of it. I like having broad themes that let the participates make diverse nails. There is no time to be sad though because we are launching right into the "Blogger Bragger Autumn Nail Art Challenge". The themes are broad again. They are just colors and as long as the design is mostly that color then it fits in the category. Here is the button...

There are more participants this fall, but always room for more. Anyone is welcome to join. Just visit us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/bloggerbragger/ and ask to join the group. You are also welcome to join Blogger Bragger if don't want to participate. You don't even need to be a blogger to be a part of Blogger Bragger or the Nail Art Challenge!

On to my nails for this week. They were again inspired by Pinterest. They were also inspired by some polish I got from Julep Maven a couple years ago. I got a matte brown and a matte gray. They seemed kind of "blah" when I got them, but they were really pretty on the nail.

I didn't have a deep gold that wasn't metallic, just a bright yellow. So I mixed a drop of brown on a paper plate. Hopefully I pulled it off. The other colors were a variety I had. I topped them with matte top coat and gold square studs. Here's what I ended up with...








I have a new black background. What do you think of it? Do you like it?
 
I used:
Sation Abracadazzle
OPI Gouda Gouda Two Shoes
Dazzle Dry Anticipation
Zoya Chanelle
Butter London Cuppa
Nail Art 3D Embellishment - Gold Square Studs
Essie Matte About You
OPI Top Coat (to glue on the studs)

You can see the others who participated in this challenge by clicking here...

http://new.inlinkz.com/luwpview.php?id=432108

Here's the button for the challenge...



Don't miss a post! Follow my blog.
Follow on Bloglovin Or follow by Feedly follow us in feedly
Glitterifed Nails has some amazing polish in her shop. Stop by!
Don't forget to sign up for the GIVEAWAY of 3 KBShimmer Polishes of your choice!
Subscribe to My Nail Tutorial Newsletter! Get more details and free tutorials that go beyond the daily blog posts. 

**DISCLAIMER** I was not paid for this review by anyone. I purchased these polishes myself. The information provided here is for entertainment purposes only and does not constitute advice. Please read the disclaimer, disclosure, privacy policies, comment policy, and copyright statement.

2 comments:

Liesl said...

I've tried a black background and I feel like it always washes out my colors/skin. I like how yours look, though, very classy :) And did I read correctly that you frankness the gold? It's very cool!

Lisa Oswald said...

To Liesl...
I'm glad you like the black background. I think I do to. And yes I didn't have a gold that would work so I used a bright yellow and a dot of brown to tone it down.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...