Harmony Gelish Vitagel - A Review Part 2

Monday, September 22, 2014

purchased by meOn the first of this month I told you that I'd report on my use of Harmony Gelish Vitagel. I have been using it as a base coat under my polish this month. 





First, I will tell you what it is supposed to do. It is an LED/UV light cured vitamin nail strengthener. It is Formaldehyde, Toluene and DBP free. Gelish® VitaGel™ STRENGTH is a revolutionary natural nail strengthener formulated to maintain natural nails...

  • Enriched with Vitamins A, E and B5
  • Designed to strengthen the natural nail
  • Grow longer and stronger nails, free of blemishes
  • Helps Gelish™ and Nail Lacquer resist chipping for extended wear
  • Can be worn alone as a natural nail strengthener
My nails have grown longer and stronger with the use of this product but the reason I bought it didn't work out. With as often as I change my nail polish the acetone just drys out my nails and they have a tendency to get brittle and crack or split. I still had one nail split. I think I'll give it more time to see if it will do better.

It did keep my nails strong though, and allowed me to grow them longer than I've had them in a few years. It also kept the polish from chipping.

I also noticed that it needs to be removed and reapplied about once a week because the acetone breaks it down and it peals off if you change your polish daily (or more).

I talked to some girls that said that they were allergic to Vitagel and that it really messed up their nails. So be aware that can happen.

Overall I like this product. Have you used Vitagel? What is your experience? Next I am on the hunt for a good cuticle conditioner. Any suggestions?
 

Buy Harmony Gelish Vitagel at Amazon.com buy clicking here...
Don't miss a post! Follow my blog.
Follow on Bloglovin Or follow by Feedly follow us in feedly
Glitterifed Nails has some amazing polish in her shop. Stop by!
Don't forget to sign up for the GIVEAWAY of 3 KBShimmer Polishes of your choice!
Subscribe to My Nail Tutorial Newsletter! Get more details and free tutorials that go beyond the daily blog posts. 

**DISCLAIMER** I was not paid for this review by anyone. I purchased this polish myself. The information provided here is for entertainment purposes only and does not constitute advice. Please read the disclaimer, disclosure, privacy policies, comment policy, and copyright statement.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...